Sunday, June 19, 2022

Covid Quarantine

Well, after 2 years and three months plus, I guess it only seems fair that it was our turn to deal with Covid.  Our story goes like this...........(yes, we are vaccinated and boostered--thank heavens--and we are doing fine...cough, cough! Just don't make us laugh)

Last Monday, we got a text from our newest missionary that she was not feeling well so she was staying home.  Later that day, we got a message that she had tested positive for Covid.  Covid had been going around the mission and in Salt Lake County so it wasn't a big surprise that we had another missionary test positive.

Tuesday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and coughed a couple of times.  I decided to wear a mask as I took Jena to the doctor for her yearly physical, but more to be super cautious--in case I coughed while I was there.  I didn't but heading home, I started coughing and not feeling well.  It hit fast.  By noon, I was curled in bed with a fever, coughing, and nausea.  I took a Covid test a few hours later because "the internet" said to test immediately.  My test came back negative--again.  Later that evening, we learned of other missionaries who were testing positive.

Wednesday, Gary went into the office--since my test was negative--and he started coughing.  He took a Covid test later that evening as he started not feeling well and he tested positive.  So now, we were all quarantined for five days at least....I retested on Thursday and this time my test was positive.  I was glad---if you are going to be sick, you might as well have the current pandemic virus.  Both Gary and I have had fairly mild cases.  Tuesday through Friday are pretty much a blur for me, but it has been like a seasonal flu type illness--fever, coughing, nausea and vomiting.  

Through all of this, Jena has shown no signs of being sick.  We will test her tomorrow as suggested and watch her closely over the next 10 days or so.  She is scheduled for some dental work at the end of the month at the University of Utah dental clinic and we have waited 10 months for this appointment so I hope she doesn't get sick then.

We have been sleeping and watching lots of movies and TV shows!  Making it through a movie without falling asleep has been an achievement for Gary and I.  At least once, we both fell asleep so Jena turned the movie off and went into her room and let us sleep.  She has been a good sport and taken good care of us--making sure we have water and whatever we need.

Tomorrow is our last day of quarantine as long as our fevers are definitely gone.  Gary is planning to go back to the library on Tuesday--I might wait one more day.  Taking it one day at a time.

June 2022 is shaping up to be quite a month!

No comments: