Sunday, October 11, 2020

"As The World Turns..."

I feel like I should use the title of this or some other soap opera, because I feel that it must seem that way to someone as they read through this blog at some future date.  Like a soap opera, this feels like a story where each week a new tragedy strikes or some type of drama happens.  Seriously, if this was a book, I would probably stop reading it.  It is just too much.  However as I share the events of the past few weeks and the intertwining of our heartaches, the message that I want to leave for my posterity is that God is so good, that He is always mindful of us, and He provides sufficient succor for each day.  If you look around, even in the dark times of life, you can see His hand and feel His love.  You must intentionally look for it at times, but it can be found and it will provide the hope and anchor to your soul to bear what must be borne. 

I actually don't know how we managed to do what we have done over the past two weeks and I lived it.  I share these things not to show how amazing Gary and I can be in a crisis, but to show the power and goodness of God and to acknowledge and praise Him.  We will always remember!

Two major things have happened over the past two weeks:

Gary's sweet mother, Holly Quigley Hall, passed away at home on the morning of September 28th.

Ben after spending 10 days in the CRU was discharged on September 26th and had to be readmitted on September 28 because his schizophrenia had spiraled out of control.  That led to a couple of trips to the ER including one stay of 96 hours in the ER until being admitted to a behavioral unit of the same hospital.  Ben is currently still there as they are adjusting medication.

And now "for the rest of the story"---see the following posts.

No comments: