Sunday, January 12, 2020

Friday Fun

Our activities for Friday didn't end with our temple trip.  We went to the Bountiful Temple, because we could then head straight to her Friend to Friend theatre class at Centerpoint in Centerville, Utah.

I dropped her off early so she could change clothes into her theatre clothes (and I headed to Kohl's because I discovered that I had left my jeans folded neatly on my bed instead of in the car so I could also change clothes from a dress.  Silver lining though-I have been looking for some navy dress pants for six months for work and I found some in my size and I happened to be wearing a blue shirt so that worked.)  Headed back to the theatre to watch their annual talent show.  They announced at the end that the play for this semester is going to be "Seussical!"  Jena is thrilled!  She was in that play in high school and we are also going to go see that play tomorrow night with her roommates from BYU at the Hale Theatre.  Perfect year to do it for her since she won't be in F2F for the next few years while we serve our mission.


And if you thought the day couldn't get any better for Jena, you are wrong!  She and I had a mom-daughter night out for a Vocal Point concert at BYU!  So after theatre, she changed clothes ONCE again into casual clothes for the concert (and now you know why I couldn't manage to wear my skirt for the whole night.)  We had seats in the balcony in the middle of a packed house and it was so much fun.  Check them out on youtube if you like their type of music.


Afterwards Jena wanted to go shake hands with the group.  She decided to buy a CD and the person said that they could sign it for her.  She loved that and each of the nine members of the band signed it and said hi and talked to Jena.  She was still smiling about that on Saturday.


It was about 11:30 when we got home that night, but it had been a fun-filled Friday for sure.  Skiing starts next week so more fun in the horizon (and of course the play tomorrow night.)

Whew, I am actually caught up with the blog.  I don't think that as happened since we went to Europe.

No comments: