Sunday, April 14, 2019

"Saying Goodbye"

the old song say, "is hard to do."  I am in that process now as the date of my ending work approaches.  My last day is officially May 9 although I will likely be back for a few days the following week to finish up paperwork.  I have about 90-100 files to check and discharge in addition to continuing to see clients over the next few weeks for their "good bye" sessions.  Of course, I have said good bye to many clients over the past almost three years, but usually not several in one week.  And that will only be worse in the next few weeks when almost every appointment is a last one.  Sweet kids and families who often have challenges beyond what can be fixed--they have taught me so much and I will miss being a part of their lives even as I know that this decision is the right one and at the right time for me--



My orchid continues to do well with its second round of blooms!  I actually added another little plant from one of my clients who had a good bye visit last week.  She was so exciting when I put it with my other plants for everyone to see.  I have been seeing her for two years, shortly after her removal from her biological parents at age 2 1/2 years old to a foster home back to visits with bio parents and then back to the foster home, and then to another foster home where she will be adopted with her sister sometime this summer.  That is a lot to share with a little person.

No comments: