Sunday, September 2, 2018

Zander's Quilt

I have spoken about the whole quilt thing---how with having three grandchildren in the last year of graduate school made getting the quilts done and bit impossible, but I was (and am) determined to continue the tradition.  I shared in March how I was working on the quilt for Zander but didn't like my thoughts so stopped for the night (see blog post:  Drops Of Awesome.")

Well, eventually I found some time to continue working on the binding for Zander's quilt--and after a frustrating hour or so, realized that it wasn't me causing the problem--or the thread or the fabric, but my machine had a problem.  So everything was put on hold until I got it to the repair shop...home again and then had a free evening to finish it...and I did!!!!

Zander's quilt!!!!


I love it!!

Of course, Zander is number four grandchild (in order) so that leaves-- James' quilt which needs to have the binding put on it, Cooper's quilt which is ready to be machine quilted, and then there is Alex's and Carter's and Baby Girl Russell's quilts to make.  Maybe they will be done by the time they are all two!!!!

It is a project, but I have to say that it has been a pleasure, even though I haven't made my original deadlines, to make these quilts for my grandchildren.  They will have this one tangible item that tells them that I love them, cherish them, and always hold them in my heart!!

And, no, Carter and Alex will not have matching quilts!!  I may give them matching things over the years, but their quilts will be uniquely for them.

I can't believe it--it took Gary and I five years to have our first child.  We will have nine grandchildren in four and half years.  We are so blessed.

No comments: