Sunday, September 16, 2018

Non-profits--Part Two or the UDSF Metro-Buddy Walk 2018

The Buddy Walk this year was at the Rio Tinto Plaza which is east of the stadium where Real Soccer plays.  It was a great location and a nice night for the Buddy Walk.  We didn't have as many people as usual, because we switch to a Friday evening.  I think we will try this venue again but a Saturday morning.
Jena and Grizzy, mascot for the local hockey team 


Jena with the local firefighters

Jolynn and Jena
Our friends, Keven and Jolie Watson and Hal and Jolynn Beckstrand came and helped us with rocket launching.  Well, helped Gary and Jena as I was running around doing other little things that needed to be done.  Somehow I missed getting a picture of the four of them, but it was so fun to share the night with them.
There were bounce houses and carnival games and of course, the walk.  Jena got to do the countdown to start the walk with everyone throwing their beach soccer balls into the air.  (If you look close you can see some balls in the air.  I was not standing in a good location for this photo.)


 And the walk goes on....








 A pause on the walk to get a photo op with the stadium
 A pretty night
 High Fives down the row....
Zane's Zone is there each year.

It was a fun night and I liked the evening event, but I guess we are going back to the morning for next year.

Thanks to Gary and Jena for supporting me in this work....let's just say that I am not as young as I use to be.  I was pretty tired by the time we got home that night.

No comments: