Saturday, February 24, 2018

Bonus Day

I had taken Friday off to attend Jena's Snowbasin Ski Day.  It was nice to sleep in since I hadn't gotten home the night before until 11:15 p.m.  We woke up to snow still falling and bad roads everywhere.  As Gary had been up to Ogden Valley the day before, he knew the roads weren't good, so we decided to skip the race day.  Not only were the roads snow packed, but it was very cold and windy.  Jena was disappointed but she understood.  I had thought about going into work to get my phone as mentioned and maybe do some paperwork, but the weather wasn't good for that either.  (Sara, my coworker from Syracuse, told me that it took her two hours to get to work that morning.)

I did some housework and laundry, hoping to free up my Saturday morning for other things.  That turned out to be useful but not for my to-do list.

Since Jena and I were both home on Friday without plans, we all decided to go see "The Great Showman", a movie about PT Barnum.  So many people have told us that we should go that we finally did.  I liked it, but probably not as much as I expected.  That can happen when so many people rave about a movie before you see it.  Also, after talking about the movie with someone, we looked him up on the internet and not everything was favorable about him. That also probably impacted me.  I am also not much of a "circus" fan for many reasons, anyway, so that was stacked against the movie.  However I did like the movie and the music was great.

After the movie, we headed to Jena's theatre class just to discover that they had cancelled it due to the weather.  That freed up more time for us and we headed home to watch the Olympics and I read a book until it was done.  

After a busy week, going here and there, it was nice to have this bonus day to really do whatever we wanted.  Sometimes, that is exactly what you need!  And to not do anything on the to do list!

(And my extra time Saturday morning---was spent cleaning our Church.  Our family was assigned to clean the Church yesterday, so we headed over about an hour early to start as Gary and Jena had to go to bowling at 9:30.  Typically families are expected to spend about one hour cleaning.  We were one of four families assigned.  However, only one other person came.  She cleaned the bathrooms which is always a big job, but then she had to leave after an hour.  So I locked the door and worked until it was done.  I was so glad to come home and NOT have to clean my house.  I took a hot bath instead!!)

No comments: