Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Children's Center Salt Lake City

I did a presentation at the new Kaysville Utah State Social Work cohort about my job as a social worker on September 5.  I asked Susan (my old professor) if I had really done my job long enough to count as a social worker and she said that I had....and I got to also give advice about being a graduate student as well.  This was the picture I used of the building I currently work out.  It was an old school built in the 1890's.  It was redone in 2009 to house The Children's Center. It is a good place to work and a work that can make a difference for little people and families.  It is hard but a way that I contribute to families which are so important.

And back to the presentation, I am not going to lie--it was weird to see different people sitting in "our seats."  On Tuesday nights it is still strange to not go to class and see my cohort.  I have finally lost the feeling that I have homework to do or textbooks to read in the last couple of weeks (although that might be more due to life filling up with other things.....and being very tired each day after work.)

Life moves forward and there is always new adventures ahead!!!!

No comments: