Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 1, 2017

The day I officially started working as a full-time employee of The Children's Center as a certified social worker.  I haven't worked full-time at a paying job since I was married...and really it was only during the summers that I worked full-time hours except the 11 months I worked at Kilgore Psychiatric Hospital for children and adolescents in 1977-78.  That means that it has been almost 40 years since I worked full-time.......I hope that I can do it.  And actually I am working 36 hours a week--although what I am doing is taking one full day off each pay period.  With Jena and Ben, I still feel like I need some flexibility for appointments etc.  We will see how that works----

My plan is to work four years...but by now, I know how plans can go....whatever happens--- it is a privilege to work with parents and children and hopefully help them in some small way, understand each other a little better and find joy together.

Never a dull moment around here.

No comments: