Sunday, October 8, 2017

It's Buddy Walk time again

This year, UDSF was sponsoring 4 Buddy Walks across the state--three in September and one in October down in St. George.  I had assignments to help in the Metro Buddy Walk in West Jordan but decided against setting up a team because it is hard to work at the Buddy Walk and enjoy it with the family.  I thought that we might try to attend another one as a family but that didn't work out because of other things as well...................it turned out to be a good thing that I hadn't planned on having a team, because we ended up needing to attend a funeral that day.  I headed down at 5:30 a.m. to help with set up and then trained some volunteers to run my section and left at 9:30 to get back, change and make it to my seat that Gary saved for me at the funeral.  Made it with 10 minutes to spare.

I just have a few pictures from the Buddy Walk, but things went great and we had bigger than expected crowds at each of the three Buddy Walks which have been held.  It is UDSF's 40th birthday so birthday games were the focus of the day with Super Heroes, Princesses, and other fun things to see and do.





As usual, I took a nap after all was said and done ....and I didn't even clean up!

No comments: