Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hello, Spring!

Although we have been having some rain over the past few days, before that the weather has been gorgeous and included several record highs for March in the high 70s.  (And Thursday we had a record amount of rainfall in one day in March of almost 2" at the airport in Salt Lake.)

One day last week, I was opening my family room blinds and saw this--

I knew that spring was on its way.

I was determined to head outside at some point to see other signs of spring in my garden but life has been filled with other things.  I worked every day this week at The Children's Center including three days of training on a parent education program for our parents.  It was good but a lot of information for three days.  Evenings it was always dark by the time I could head outside.

I have a big school project due on Tuesday which I finished up yesterday morning (Whew!) and then we headed down to Provo to see Ben.

I saw some signs of spring there....the trees along the street into the state hospital were blazing white--just like in the famous "Popcorn Poppin'" Primary song.

through the windshield on a rainy day!
Not about spring--but we were able to go out to the Sizzler with Ben.
He got endless shrimp with his steak and had three extra baskets of shrimp.
Today when he called, he mentioned how great it was to eat shrimp again.
 Finally this afternoon I went out to take a look at my forsythia bush and found other signs of spring!






Spring is on its way!!!

I love the change of seasons (well, as you know, I am not a big fan of cold and snow but I guess it is necessary for the other three great seasons in Utah!)

No comments: