Sunday, March 26, 2017

A special box

When I came home on Wednesday, I had a box on my porch and this was what was inside. 

From my facebook post on March 15:  "This might really happen...walking on May 5 and finishing my classes on August 9th...a bit backwards but more opportunities to celebrate. This has been an awesome journey. Thanks to the great professors of Utah State and the best cohort in the history of social work! Go Kaysville-Utah State University."




It has been over three years since I decided to start this journey and almost 8 semesters later (and one to go), it is really hard to think that it is ending in August.  In the weird sense of time, it feels like I have been in school forever and yet it also feels like it went by so fast.  And this semester feels like it is dragging and August will never be here, but I am sure in a blink of an eye (and several hundreds pages of reading, papers, and a test or two) it will be done and then I will be a social worker.  I love learning and I think I could go to school forever (and I think we will in the eternities!).  However I started this path to improve my ability to help others and so that will be the next step--finding a place where I can make a small difference in someone's life---I know that all I have learned has made a difference in my life--and that is a good place to start.

No comments: