Sunday, November 13, 2016

Teaching Sunbeams......

We have four Sunbeams in our class on most Sundays.  This is what it looks like for today---



The red bag in the middle is our usual stuff--crayons, handouts, bean bag, etc.  The white hamper on the right contains a CD player and a homemade xylophone (Jena made it at Wonderwood and we borrowed it for our lesson today.) and on the left is my rice box.  I made the rice box for work but used it first for an assignment for school.  I decided to make an activity today so that our Primary class can enjoy the rice before I take it to work.  That is about 40 lbs of rice in there. 
Our lesson today is on "Music Makes Us Happy" so we are going to have some fun times with music today.  Jena buried (Easter) eggs in the rice--some with pictures of instruments on them for us to pretend to play and others are rice shakers which we will use to make our own music.  Don't you wish you were a Sunbeam!

It is fun to work with the Sunbeams on Sunday before I work with basically the same age at my internship.  It reminds me what typical children should be doing and keeps some perspective as I work with my sweet clients and their parents.

MUSIC CAN MAKE ME HAPPY!!!!

No comments: