Sunday, September 14, 2014

On the road again....

but actually we flew this time.  On Thursday, Sept. 4, Gary, Jena and I headed off to Austin, Texas, for the BIG game--Del Valle Cardinals against the McNeil Mavericks! Oh, you might have thought I was talking about the other game of the weekend--BYU vs. Texas.  Yeah, we went to that one as well.  We had a fun football weekend.

I remember hearing on the radio a few years ago that BYU was going to do a pair of games against the University of Texas (maybe never again) and I thought how fun it would be to go and watch my nephew Scotty playing on Friday night and then going to the BYU game.  I started mentioning it among my family and of course my two brothers who live in the Austin area thought it was an awesome idea.  Then earlier in this year, my dad expressed some interest in going and then the party was on........Gibersons gathered from Grapevine, Austin and Buda (Rick, Scott, and Todd and their families), my dad and Karla (Salt Lake) , and my sister, Valerie and Lance (Mesa, AZ), and us.  Not a full representation and we missed Mike and Andrea and Robin and Lynette, but there were certainly enough Gibersons to have some fun time and play some games in between the two football games.

We arrived late into Austin and gathered our luggage from an almost deserted baggage claim, but there were several huge guitar art.  I tried to get a picture for Jena who loves guitars but the lighting wasn't too good. They were fun to look at.
Perfect art for a guitar lover like Jena
We think Austen would like it, too.
It was almost 1:30 a.m. before we made it to our hotel and bed.  That was okay.  We had made plans to have a very slow morning on Friday including swimming in the hotel pool.  We were on vacation and we were planning to make the most of it.

No comments: