Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saturday is a special day....

for being busy having fun.  We attended the first baby shower for baby Scarlett given for Chantel by her family.

Grandma Holly Hall and Grandma Susie Bailey
printed their pinkie fingerprints on a picture
for Scarlett

Chantel opening the gift Jena selected for Scarlett

Here were the Hall representatives!
Then we came home and hung out for awhile.  We thought Gary was at Grandma's helping him so we were waiting around at home to go over to the Grand reopening of The Rush (formerly the Syracuse Fun Center).  He was actually over there waiting for us to join him.  It worked out.  I got to read a couple of hours in my book "Madame Curie" by Eve Curie, her daughter.  (I have loved that book by the way.  If you like biographies you would also probably enjoy it.  I like science, but I am definitely not a scientist.)  Jena took a nap and cleaned up her room.

Then when Gary got home, we headed back to go swimming:



The Fun Center has just opened up two swimming pools, outside splash pads, 16 more bowling lanes, go karts, and other activity rooms.  It is a big expansion and so nice to have so close to our house.  We plan to make use of the pool to exercise and have fun.  They have two basketball hoops in the deeper pool and Jena was hot swishing basket after basket.  All that practice in the Ipsons' pool paid off as she was impressing other swimmers with her skills and embarrassing me who wasn't having quite the same luck.

And then today, Happy Father's Day!  I am so lucky to have the dad I have and the husband I have and for knowing the reality of our Heavenly Father and His plan for each one of us.  Hope your day was a Happy one!

And we are caught up with the blog.  Good thing--Jena is leaving tomorrow for her week at Camp K; Rick and Linda and their three younger kids are coming for the night Wednesday night and my dad and Karla are coming as well to celebrate his birthday and play games. And on Friday then there is the Hall shower for the soon-to-be arriving grandchildren.  And we are talking in Church on Sunday.

I will have a few things to write about next Sunday......if I am not too tired, that is.

No comments: