Sunday, November 24, 2013

And October marches on.......


In the interest of truth in "advertising", I wanted to post these pictures of my dining room and my kitchen during this crazy time of life.  I wanted any of my grandchildren or great-grandchildren to understand that it is not always possible to have things organized and cleaned each minute of each day.  (My kids already know this because they have lived with me for years.)  Often the pictures on blogs and Facebook and whatever method of connection in the future shows life cleaned up and polished for show.  Real life isn't like that.  It can pile up and be messy and you just have to keep plugging on--getting up each day and doing the tasks that need to be done.  Having fun and being okay even if stuff from the past five events are piled higher and higher.  Life can still be fine.  It did get put away at last and no one died so it was all okay.

A side note:  I love formal dining rooms.  Not because we eat there very often but because it is the perfect staging area for life---the school science projects, Primary sharing times, and now Utah Down Syndrome Foundation supplies, the list goes on.  I would suggest that secret to everyone!

I could identify the boxes and suitcases and what events they are connected, but it doesn't matter.  This represents five weeks of stuff....embarrassing but real!

No comments: