Sunday, November 24, 2013

October

My mom loved Octobers.  Of course it was her birthday month and the month where my two brothers, Todd and Mike, were also born so that would make it a great month.  But she loved it for the fall itself...the leaves, the changing of the weather, Indian summers (Richland, WA), and cool nights.


Who wouldn't love it!  Look at the sky and the beautiful colors of the trees.

My sister, Valerie (who shares the same mother of course), gave me a sweet card she printed it off Facebook, I think.  It is a picture of lots of pumpkins and wheat fields in the back. 

The quote:
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." 
--Anne of green gables

I don't know if my mom ever read that quote but she could have written it herself.

October was a blur  as this flurry of posts can attest (and the fact that I am writing this on November 24th and these pictures are from the second week of October.  Oh, well.) but there were moments of beauty in the middle of it all.  I just wanted to let you know.

No comments: