Saturday, October 12, 2013

Birthdays

September, in between everything else, is still our month with three birthdays in 6 days---Ben and then Gary and Jena back to back on the 23rd and the 24th.  It was hard to fit everything in and to get excited to celebrate with the two big fundraisers right before but luckily we had a plan and I had done some shopping early (a little bit too early because we got Jena an IPad and I still haven't found the cover I got for her and I just saw the croquet set I bought for Gary hidden in the garage...Surprise, Happy Birthday, again, honey.)

At the beginning of the year, I had scheduled our season tickets for the Hale Theatre show of "Tarzan" for Monday, Gary's birthday. A couple of months ago I decided to surprise Jena by inviting a couple of her friends to come to the play with us but not telling her.  I was able to have four tickets for Jena and three friends and then Gary and I and his mom sat up about 3 rows behind them.  So our plan was set.

Gary took Jena and Grandma Hall down and told Jena that I would meet them in Salt Lake at the restaurant.  I headed out and picked up three of her friends--Meggan, Kaili, and Kaitlyn.  Meggan and Kaili live in our neighborhood and Kaitlyn is one of her best friends and she lives in east Layton.  We arrived about 5 minutes before Jena and the rest.  We were wondering if Jena would even react.  Sometimes she can just take things in stride.  But it was perfect.  I wish that I had taken a picture of her face.  She came around the corner, smiled at me and then noticed one of her friends--she looked again and then got the biggest smile on her face and I don't think she stopped smiling the whole meal and the show.  We could see her face during the show (which was amazing by the way) and she was smiling and talking to her friends before the show and during the intermission.  It was a fun birthday for her.  (Yesterday she told me that her friends came for Dad's birthday and hers!  What nice friends!  :)  ).

Here is some pictures:



Kaitlyn, Jena, Kaili, and Meggan

Their "can-can"

Jena just kept on smiling

Waiting for the crowds to leave

Tarzan's adoptive parents


The girls with Tarzan who is wearing pants
and Jane
Gary had a fun evening as well.  Happy Birthday, Ben, Gary, and Jena!

No comments: