Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The calm weeks...

After our two weeks of parties, I was glad to have a couple of weeks of relative calm before Christmas.  I finished shopping, managed to wrap the gifts before the 20th, and get my Christmas cards mailed. 

I also managed to sneak a day down in Salt Lake with my dad as we continued to review the family history materials that he has collected.  I saw pictures that I hadn't seen before.  Reading some letters, we even were able to find online a Church where my great grand father, Daniel Giberson, served as a minister in 1870's.  It is close by where we will be traveling in Minnisoda next summer so I am hoping to stop and see it and also some family graves nearby.

Speaking of family history, my cousin, Dan, brought me several computer files of family history for my mom's side of the family.  It includes a history of my grandfather Robert Owen and lots of other stuff.  My family was part of the Lost Wagon Train along the Oregon Trail.  We are related to Daniel Boone (his older brother was my relative).  I haven't even begun to read everything I got from him.

No comments: