Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Start-up Kits

Monday, Dec. 3rd, Jena and I headed out to deliver our Christmas Start-up Kits.  (Gary had to help at the bowling alley with another Special Olympic bowling team.)

 I made one for each of the kids.  I should have taken pictures of what was inside so I could remember for another year.  They included candy, an old Christmas movie DVD, a candle, a nativity or Christmas picture and other little things to get into the Christmas spirit.  I made each of them Christmas pillowcases.

From top left:  Ben's, Jena's
From bottom left  Jessica's, Scott's and Tosha's

Jena's Christmas pillow in the middle of her bed
We were able to see each of the kids to deliver the packages.  Actually we saw and talked to everyone except for Tosha.  We were meeting at a gym to fit into my schedule and hers, but I got lost so she was already in class. We watched her exercise in her Zamba class, but had to leave the package with her boyfriend, Roark.

Scott's drop off:
A wreath that Chantel made for their door

Close-up of their beautiful Christmas tree

Another new item Chantel made for their mantle


Checking out their bag
Next was Tosha's but no pictures.  I didn't think she wanted us taking pictures of her doing Zamba although she is awesome at it.

Then to Jessica's: 
Elessia and Jessica
and their Christmas tree

Jessica and Jena with Zeva the new puppy ( a beagle)

Jessica lives in Magna, Utah, which is about 45 minutes south of Syracuse.  From there we headed up to Sunset to Ben's house.

Ben's apartment

And don't worry about Jena.  Her package was sitting on her bed when she got home from school. 

It was so fun to see everyone and deliver a surprise for the holiday.  I think I will do something every year like this although it might be very different from year to year.  Even making the pillowcases was fun (Thanks to my friend Robynn Thiot for the idea.  She made Christmas pillowcases one year when her kids were visiting.  I thought it was a cute idea) .  I think next year I will make some for our bed.

I love these people!!!!!  Marry Christmas to them, every one!!

No comments: