Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and..

Alfie (a world famous tenor).  He is famous for doing the song "Bring Him Home" in Les Mesirable (I don't know how to spell it even with spell checker).

It started off as a regular Friday in December---I had a list of things to do and places to go.  My visiting teachers came in the morning and we had our usual fun conversation together.  As part of it, Kaye shared a story from the Christmas program at the Conference Center the night before.  Since I didn't have tickets (despite the fact that the Conference Center holds over 20000 people, they are very hard tickets to get.  You apply online for a lottery to get chosen for tickets.), she decided it was okay to share the story.  We all were teary-eyed just from her telling the story to us.  She said that she just sobbed during it the night before.

About 4:00 that afternoon, I got a call from my neighbor.  She had just gotten four tickets from someone who couldn't use them for that night.  She invited Jena, Gary and I.  We jumped at the chance.  I called Kaye to share my excitement who felt bad that she had shared a part with me.  I wasn't.  I was so excited to see it myself.

Waiting for the concert to start

Jena and Marge, our sweet neighbor


It was a bit of a rainy night but it was so great to be in downtown Salt Lake City with all of the lights at Temple Square and surrounding areas.  The concert was as amazing as Kaye had said and AI am so grateful for the chance to be there and see it for myself.  It was filmed and will be chosen on PBS next Christmas season.  Those who watched the Spoken Word on Sunday were able to see a part of it.  They retold the story of "The Candy man" who dropped candy from his airplane to children in Germany after the war.  The visuals were great and then the actual man who is now 92 years old appeared on stage and spoke a bit about his experience.  If you have a chance to see it, be sure you watch the 2012 Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

No comments: