Monday, October 22, 2012

Jena's Personal Progress

The week after conference found Jena and I busy with another one of her Personal Progress goals (Faith).  A couple of years ago, Jena said that she wanted to make a quilt for one of her projects.  This was a big challenge for her so we didn't even start until May or so of this year, although we had made the plan probably a year before.  It took her five months but she DID it!

This was Jena's first sewing project on my machine.
She had done a bit of sewing at school in 7th grade but not much since then.
I think she learned "eyes on the needle" the best as I must have said that alot!
No sewn fingers though!

She chose the bright color versions of the eight value colors to make
the rows of blocks--
 
 
She designed a pattern for the lettering
and then colored them on this center piece.

She added some buttons--1- because I thought they
were cute and 2-it seemed like a good time to
practice sewing buttons.
Here we are working together to tie the quilt.


The final product!!!!
She is very happy about it.

Speaking of Personal Progress, she is done with everything now and had her interviews with the YW President and the bishop.  She will receive her medallion tomorrow at our ward's Night in Excellence program for the young women.





1 comment:

Robynn said...

To My Dear Jena
When I saw your beautiful quilt it reminded me of a quilt that I made for you when you were born and came in our lives and especially into our hearts. You made an amazing quilt and I could not be prouder of you for working so hard on it. It shows your love for Young Women and for life. I'm so glad your mom shared photos with me too. I love you Jena Hall! Congratulations on earning your Young Womanhood Award! You are a CHAMPION!!!! SLY Sister T.O.