Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Games 2012

We spent the weekend after conference (in between all of that sewing and getting the final Personal Progress things done) in Salt Lake City for the Fall Games for Special Olympics.  We spent the night so that we didn't have to travel back and forth for the two days of activities and so Jena could attend the evening activities and dance.  However I ended up feeling sick so we just hung out in the hotel between swimming on Friday and basketball skills on Saturday.  Fun times as usually.  Jena enjoys being with friends and her Comet team members are some of her favorites.  She got a first place in backstroke and ribbons in her other events.  It was a fun weekend despite not feeling well.


the start
Gary took this pictures from the bleachers as I was helping coach.
This is after her backstroke--she was a happy but wet girl!  Very close race!


All of these weekend activities are seriously getting in the way of yard work plans....my friend said, "Let it go".  It is too cold to worry any more about the yard...that is her plan and she is sticking with it.  I don't think I will get the windows washed or the window wells cleaned out this year.  Oh, well, there is always next year.  There are a few more things I do want to get done so I hope we have a few more good days when I have some free time  (a tricky combination).

No comments: