Sunday, April 22, 2012

Graduation Day times 2


Friday was the big day for Scott and Chantel to "walk" after all of their hard work (and easy work), bood sweat and tears of college.  Scott graduated in "Long-term Admin." and Chantel in "Human Performance".  They were in different graduation exercises, but they wanted to graduation together so Chantel joined in Scott's college services.  (She said as she shook hands with the professors, she was saying, "I am from a different college that's way you don't know me.)  They had made a plan (unknown to us) to continuing walking out after getting their diplomas.  However an usher stood in their way of a clean breakaway.  About 300 diplomas later, Scott tapped Gary on the shoulder.  They had slipped away from their seats and were in the lobby with Chantel's parents.  (We hadn't noticed.)We headed out and got pictures taken just before the masses let out.

Scenes from the day:

Waiting in the tunnel before Graduation.
They have different tassels due to their majors, 'although Scott was
given the wrong color.  Hs should have been salmon colored.
Of course, he thinks it is silly to go to the effort of having it changed.
Who in the world would really care and say--
I need to see your tassel!

Back to their seats after receiving ther diploma (covers)

After graduaton--Chantel's grandmom, her parents, the graduates and us.
There is something about graduations and parents.  It was fun to watch the picture taking occuring as we headed into the graduation service.  Proud parents, spouses, and even children were there with big smiles.  It is a payoff moment in parenting.

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

I still have a picture on my fridge of my dad & I on my ASU graduation day...almost exactly 10 years ago!

And I didn't even know you could walk with a different college dept! I also remember thinking that "baby blue" was such a lame tassle color for education. I made sure I got an ASU colored tassle to hang by my diploma!