Friday, January 20, 2012

A winter walk

When I drove car pool this morning, I realized that it was a very mild day outside so decided to take a walk outside for exercise instead of using the elliptical in the basement.  It was beautiful despite the gray skies.  It was about 40 degrees or so.  We have had a very dry winter so far with just a few snow falls.  It makes the pictures look more like late fall instead of winter in Utah.

Wet path but no snow

Left in the field for the winter

Can't see the mountains in the back because of low lying clouds (east)

Can't even see Antelope Island which is much close to the west.

Ducks enjoying the water.  In late December, this pond was coverred in ice, but the mild temps have melted it all.

Blue skys coming in from the west.

For those of you who miss snow, there is the only trace I saw on my walk.

I personally am not a big fan of snow.  I like it fine on the grass just not on the roads and walks.  However I do understand the whole water cycle facts and know we definately NEED snow not just for the skiiers but to drink and water our yards in the summer.  So start snowing...well, not right now.  We are going to our annual Hong Kong Reunion-Chinese New Year Dinner in Salt Lake with many of our old friends tonight and as I mentioned I don't like snow on the roads.

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

Have you seen the book Letters from the Jade Box...it looks good and has a HongKong connection.