Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Three Phone Calls

Now I know that I promised I was catching up with December and the holidays first, but I haven't taken time for that yet, but did want to write about today and my three phone calls.....

As a preface, I wanted to say that last week was a difficult week with many appointments for Ben and generally a hard week with him and his illness.  Things had calmed down by the weekend,( and we both had a nice day Saturday, Gary bowling with Jena and me attending a Broadway production of "South Pacific" and dinner with Gary's mom and sisters) but Saturday night Gary and I sat and watched a bowl game and then a "ondemand" TV show we like...five hours of just watching TV and doing NOTHING.  We were exhausted.

I promised myself that this week would be better and it has been.  And it became a great week with three phone calls.................

the first was one that I finally made to my sister Valerie.  It has been over a month since we have actually spoken on the phone together and I have been wanting to talk to her, just for fun.  In addition, she has become a grandmother for the first time since we last spoke so we had lots to talk about.  We had an hour chat until she had to run her daughter to piano lessons.

the next came from a neighbor, Michelle.  It was short but great too as we finalizated some long delayed plans to go to the temple together tomorrow.  It is great to have nearby friends to go to the temple with.  We don't do things together nearly enough.

Not long after I hung up from that phone call, I got a call from my dear friend, Eileen, calling me from Hong Kong on her vonage line.  Oh the wonders of our new age.  We spoke for an hour about my upcoming trip to Hong Kong and our dear friends who will gather with us.  It was as if we had just seen each other last week in Church although it has been since last July that we visited last.

Isn't it an amazing gift to have connections with family and friends, near and far?  I have been blessed by a great family and amazing friends where ever we have lived and they all are such a blessing in my life.  Thanks to Valerie, Michelle, and Eileen and to everyone who makes an impact in my life.

I think I will be making more phone calls this year.  :)

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

As always, thanks for calling!