Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our Week in Review

For the first time in over a year and only the second time in about 10 years, Gary went on a business trip.  He headed to San Jose for team meetings and team "building" time  (that means going out to eat at fun places and playing bocco ball for an afternoon.)  He left on Monday with a cold--never fun for a plane trip--and came home with a chest cough and feeling a bit "under the weather" as they say.  Hopefully he gets better by tomorrow.....we are having five families over to celebrate our "belated" Chinese New Year" for Family Night.
I had lined up the usual busyness for when he was gone and got a lot of spring cleaning done while he was gone.  I also stayed up late reading a book which I usually don't do much any more as my eyes really don't work that great past 10 or 11 at night.  However I got caught in the story "Lost Gate" by Orson Scott Card.  If you like the science fantasy type book, you would probably enjoy this book.  Warning..it is part of a trilogy and I don't think the other ones are published yet.

However, I missed him...more than I expected.  With all of the traveling Gary did early in our marriage, I usually did fine when he was gone.  I have just gotten use to having him around now.  I am the one coming and going and he is usually here, minding the fort.  Jena missed him as well and gave a daily count down to when he was getting back.  We were happy when he was back and life was back to our "normal".

Jena is busy with her play practice at the junior high.  She is loving it.  She is in the mission band of "Guys and Dolls".  I am in charge of the treats so I have hung out during parts of the practice.  It is so great to see her a part of the cast and interacting and feeling a part of that group.  The performance is on this coming Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  We are excited.  Watch for pictures next week.

Jena's ski lesson was the past Thursday.  As we left the junior high it started to rain and by the time we got to Snowbasin it was pouring.  Jena said she still wanted to ski, although I wasn't even sure if her teacher would want to take her out.  Terrie was willing and off she went, skiing in the pouring rain for 2 hours.  I stayed inside most of the time, stepping out from time to time to wave at her.  She ended the lesson with big smiles and wet clear though.  Her hands took forever to get warm.  Apparently her gear is best for keeping you warm in the snow not dry in the rain.  She was very proud of her self.  She was the only one of the afternoon lessons that showed up to brave the rain.  I don't know if that is something to be "proud of"...it might mean she is a bit 'crasy" about skiing.

As soon as Gary was home, he headed off to go bowling with his sister, Valerie, and her husband bowling even with his cough. Jena joined him after play practice and they all had great time.  Then Jena bowled Saturday morning with Special Olympics.

I often have pictures to post of Jena but I took this one of Ben with one of our dogs, Mowgli,  Jena took the next picture of Ben working on his computer in our kitchen.



Other Hall news  Jessica is a proud owner of a new (to her) car.  She said that it is exciting to have a car with power windows and air conditioner that works.  Scott and Chantel are busy with the usual--school, work, the gym, and other life stuff.  Tosha has been working lots of hours serving at Cracker Barrell even though it hasn't been very busy.

And that's the wrap.  Have a great day.

No comments: