Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter cold and winter storms

My first cold in a long time arrived a day before our first real snow storm last night (real is defined as snow that actually sticks on the grass for more than a couple of minutes).  Ben ran outside to take this picture of our house.  The second picture is out our backdoor.  I don't know if you can see it but the white "bubble" in the back ground is our neighbor's 'covered' pool.  It comes off in the summer but they enjoy swimming year around.



So I am hanging out at home having a very quiet Sunday while only Debbie and Amy from the Presidency are there with our great Primary of 170 kids or so (counting nursery).  Kristy is still recovering form her broken foot.  I am sure the kids are all excited because of the snow and the short week from school.  I miss them, especially hearing them singing and the funny things that they might say.  Having a hard time...visit Primary for the day.

I saw a title on a book as I was rushing by to grab what I was looking for at Seagull Book store.  It was "How do you stay close to your adult children (and still let them grow-up)?"  It is a question that I have wondered about.  On Tuesday of this week, I had a texting session with Jessica, talked on the phone with Scott, and then Tosha surprised me by coming over in response to a text I sent her asking how she was.  It was amazing how much those sweet interactions meant to me.  Nothing major was accomplished, just checking in.  Back in the day when I left for BYU, I thought I did well if I wrote my parents every other week.  After I was married it was more often like once a month.  Phone calls were expensive so we usually called only for special things or occasions.  I like the ability to interact by text, phone, email or in person with my kids.  I hope that I am still letting them grow-up........................maybe I need to get that book!

Hope your day is happy and bright----with or without snow!

2 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

When your daughter gets married do you still have to edit her college English papers? That's what I'm wondering.

Judy said...

Isn't that what her husband is for?