Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Collage

Since I wrote about the family, I thought I would share our family collage which will soon hang in our living room.  It was done by Hailey Miller who did our family pictures in June.



The quote:  "I lift thee and thou life my and we all ascend together"

This quote appeared also on our wedding announcement although we used the word" both" instead of "all'.  The word "both" was in the original quote but I decided "all" worked for a family collage.  That was way back in the day of no Internet.  I had just heard the quote from a teacher or from a talk when I was young and determined that it would appear on my wedding announcement.  Well, Gary decides to look it up on the Internet (after I had ordered the collage) and found that my quote is not the actual quote from Whittier.  The main version is "I lift you, and you lift me and we both will ascend together."  I had remembered it wrong the entire time.  Oh, well, I still would want to mirror the wrong quote that I put on our wedding announcements.

Aren't we glad that we have the Internet??!!  Actually I found some other great quotes by him that i will share later.

No comments: