Sunday, September 12, 2010

Face Book

The world is apparently going to continue to change and I will be forced to change in some ways with it.  Other ways I stand firm on.  However, I now have a face book page.  It has been a process to decide to do this.  I liked that my kids knew some of the events and happenings in their cousins' lives even though they are scattered around the western United States.  Then at work we started a face book group for our birth parents and we have been encouraged to have a face book account so we can follow and add our support to "that wall".  Then Jena's functional skills (special ed) teacher asked about starting one for Jena.  One of Jena's goals this year is to work on learning email.  We want her to be able to keep in touch with her siblings and cousins throughout her life and felt it was a good skill for reading and writing as well.  The face book page, her teacher felt, was an age appropriate skill for Jena and one that could benefit her throughout her life and give her some  way to keep in touch and feel a part of the community.  So here I am with a face book page, (one of my friends commented that now that the last person in the world is on face book , they will no longer have to advertise.....) and Jena, too, has a page.  We will see where it fits with blogging, e-mails, journal keeping, and the all important actually talking to people in person or on the phone.  No promises except that I will be your "friend" if you ask me.

2 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

Don't worry...Paul (hubby) still isn't on FB and doesn't ever plan to be. Some of his friends have "friended" me since he doesn't have one!

Valerie Ipson said...

I'm doubting my husband ever will be, but you never know. Maybe when he gets some grandkids and they get old enough, he may want to keep track of them.