Friday, August 6, 2010

First Visit to the Temple.....


Jordan River Temple as we left

Scott and Chantel took out their endowments at the Jordan River Temple on July 29, 2010, the day before Scott's 26th birthday.  It was a sweet and amazing experience to be there with my sweet son and the woman he loves.  As many have said, it is one of the highlights of parenting.  It was made even more sweet because Scott and Chantel selected the Jordan River Temple because that is the place where Scott was sealed to us in April of 1987 when he was 2 1/2 years old.  I doubt they will understand how much I loved that connection and being surrounded by the memories of that day as well.  In fact we were able to go down to the floor where the sealing rooms were and one of the workers came and showed us a room and talked about marriage.  Chantel's parents also had a sweet moment as her dad reunited with an old friend that he had not seen for over 7 years in the dressing room of the temple.

I remember wanting to go to the temple from a very young age.  As I attended BYU, I would often go up and walk around the grounds of the Provo Temple and be excited for the opportunity that I knew would be mine some day to enter into the doors of the temple and make additional covenants with my Heavenly Father.  Now over 32 years later, the temple is even more important to me than back then.  How lucky I feel to have a place to feel peace and take a break from the world for a moment!  It is a great privilege.  Sharing that with my children is amazing.

No comments: