Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School, Jena is now an 8th Grader....

First day of school on a sunny August morning...I didn't notice that she mostly had her eyes close because of the sun.  She was excited to go.


.....it is hard to believe that she is in 8th grade but she is thrilled.  Many of my friends and neighbors commented that they can't believe they are old enough to be a parent of a _____________ fill in the blank.  Well, I know I am old enough to be the mother of an 8th grader.  In fact, I am probably too old judging by the ages of the parents I see at back to school night and even the teachersBut it is wonderful.  She keeps a young and a smile on our faces.

The first day of school, she told me that the principal had said hi to her and still knew her name.  I mentioned that to him at back to school night.  He smiled and said that he wasn't even sure if she heard him.  He said that she had the biggest smile on her face as she was heading to class through the crowds and she didn't even stop or look at him.  He was glad that she had heard him and shared it with me.  She has an excellent school and it looks like another year of good teacher.

Other Jena news, she will be starting piano lessons on Monday.  One of her life goals is to learn to play an instrument.  She wants the violin but we are starting first with piano which she is good with.  She is excited to play the piano like Tosha.  She like us loves to hear Tosha play the piano............

No comments: