Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scripture of the Month and other things

Today I decided it was time to switch my scripture of the month....which hasn't been switched for awhile but none of you have pointed that out which is WHY you are all my family and friends...but there are so many great scriptures...I picked up my favorite set of scriptures and started thumbing through to pick the next scripture.  It was nice to reread some many scriptures that I had marked in the past and to remember things or events that were connect to them. 

The experience reminded me of a time at a Girls Camp a number of years ago that one of the YW asked to borrow my scriptures to give a scripture at a campfire.  She asked if it was okay to read anything that was marked in red....I said yes, then started thinking maybe that wasn't a good idea.  After all some that I might have marked would not make sense without reading the whole section or knowing why I marked it personally...Luckily, she picked one that worked for reading as a verse.   Scripture marking is a very private thing.

I think that I chose this verse now because of everything I know and want to have my children to know--this is one of the most important, just as it was for Nephi.  I am so grateful to watch Scott's journey in the past year plus as he has discovered and rediscovered so many things for himself.  It is awesome and it was a priviledge today to join in his Elders Quorum as Gary ordained him to be a Elder  (not the going on a mission kind like Jena orginally thought, but an Elder none the less.)  It was a sweet experience.  He and Chantel will be taking at their endowments on Thursday at the Jordan River Temple in preparation for their wedding on August 3rd.  It was be a sweet week for them and us.  Jordan River Temple is where Scott was sealed to Gary and I over 24 years ago.  I couldn't have picked a more perfect spot to go with him to receive his endowment. 

On the lighter side, today we had our "husband" family home evening for Scott.  I gethered some gifts to respresent different roles of husbands as outlined in the Family proclamation, including their own copy to hang in their new home.  It was fun and somewhat corny but it was good to share about the role of husbands.






Some of the items Scott now has to help him be a great husband to Chantel....I am sure that he will be and she will be a great wife for him....and they will both work hard and have fun to accomplish that together.

The other highlight for the week (at least for Jena) is that Jena will be at Girls Camp from Monday through Friday.  This is her second year and she is so excited to "be at the Church at 6:30 a.m." to catch the bus to the Heber Valley Camp.  It is different when Jena is not here...we will miss her, but we know she will have a great time.

Have a wonderful week yourselves.......:)

Also, Gary and I now have texting on our home cell phones (meaning not for work cell phones) so you can texts us if you want.  However, we couldn't upgrade our phones until September so we will still be very slow in texting you and I will probably texted back on my work phone since it has the full keyboard.  FYI!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congratulations to Scott & Chantel!! As they start married life on Aug. 3rd, we welcome a new little life into our family. Jill & Scott's daughter London Paige is scheduled to be born that morning. Exciting times for all of us!! Love & Miss you all