Saturday, July 13, 2024

Happy Birthday to me!!

At the first of the month--like every July for the past 69 years, I celebrated my birthday.  It was "fun" to have the missionaries sing to me at District Meeting and the YSA the next day at Institute if you like that type of thing...but really it is great to get messages and treats from friends near and far.  What a blessing to have family and friends to share life with.

One unexpected part of my birthday was my sister, Valerie and her husband, Austin, joining us for a birthday dinner at Pad Thai and games and conversation (and of course pie) for the evening.  They were nearing the end of their four week road trip from New York City back to Mesa with many stops in-between.  It was perfect that their stop in Ft Smith happened on my birthday.  Loved being with them.

Disregard my hair--having it cut soon..probably to a short style.


I had thought about some ideas to honor my 69th birthday in the blog, but I am behind because of some busy Sundays, so will have to see if I have time to do that later.

It was a great birthday from start to finish.  And also, Happy birthday to Tosha who has her birthday the day before mine.

No comments: