Sunday, November 5, 2023

Halloween in Ft. Smith

The Young Adult Branch has a Clue Mystery Party and dinner on Monday night before Halloween.  We decided to order Clue t-shirts to wear for our costumes--Gary got "Mr. Green" and I got "The candlestick."  When I was ordering the shirts, I tried to convince Jena to get a "Library" or "Kitchen" shirt, but she is not familiar with Clue and did not get it at all.  As I expanded my list of options for Clue shirts--I mentioned Colonel Mustard.  She immediately said that she wanted to be a mustard jar. WHAT?? But we found a shirt and a French hat  (French Mustard of course.) and she was happy.
So she was set if the killer used mustard to kill Mr. Green in the kitchen!  Unfortunately, Gary and I (mostly me) had a stomach bug over that weekend and didn't feel ready to face chili and nachos and other party activities that night so we missed it.
We wore our shirts on Halloween when we had all eight of the Ft. Smith missionaries to dinner (none of them had dinner appointments on this holiday.  I admit--I never thought to invite missionaries to dinner on Halloween even though we cooked plenty of chili every year for the family and extended family.  Maybe next year!)
It was fun to share some time with them and instead of having a companionship give us a message, we had a list of random questions about serving as missionaries for them to answer.  It turned out to be perfect as they shared sweet experiences and testimonies with each other.  It was a moment I won't forget on the funny holiday of Halloween.
They are in "costume"
Guess?
They are Diego (Sister Madden) and Dora the Explorer (Sister Moesinger).
They are the Spanish-speaking sisters and we all thought they were so clever!

We had NO tricker-treaters at our house.  The missionaries were helpful in relieving us of some of the Halloween candy we bought.

Halloween was also fun because we were able to Facetime with the three sets of grandchildren at least briefly as they finished their rounds and see their costumes.  That was fun. We also talked to Ben which meant we talked to all five of our kids (briefly) on Halloween. Double bonus day!

No comments: