Monday, October 30, 2023

Fall Is Finally Here

With the leaves changing into a variety of fall colors----down the hill of our street to the west...


Last Monday, Jena and I headed to the store in the afternoon.  As we walked in, I said, Oh, it looks like it might rain in a couple of hours.  As we walked out 45 minutes later, it definitely looked like rain and by the time we got to the car, the wind started howling and the rain dumped on us.  This is how curly my hair gets when it gets wet in Arkansas!  We were drenched by the time we got our groceries in the car.

More colors on other morning walks last week....

We had another visitor on our door--this time a huge daddy longlegs!
on our front door
He has a very fuzzy body...and I guess I don't know if daddy long-legs are only males?? And actually a quick google search indicates that several different species of insects have been called daddy long-legs and I couldn't figure out for sure exactly what kind this one is but I think it fits under the "Opiliones" or harvestman...and not actually a spider at all--who knew!!!
Always something to learn in nature!  Hope you see something interesting today as well!
 

No comments: