Sunday, February 13, 2022

A Quiet Week For Jena And I....

 ...not for Gary though.  Jena started getting a sore throat Monday afternoon and by Monday night she had had a few coughing spells.  Tuesday morning, she definitely had all of the signs of a cold.  So she and I stayed home for the most part this week and Gary managed things at the library including delivering the mail.  I worked from my computer at home and got my emails taken care of and a variety of other tasks that don't get done when I am at the library.

My view out my window when I am working from home
No snow in the mountains and a crane working
on some construction to the north.

Jena never ran a fever, but because of the world we live in now (the pandemic part), we did take Jena to have a Covid test on Wednesday which was negative.  


Yay--it was a pretty typical minor cold--the first any of us have had since the beginning of the pandemic.  Although Gary and I both had Covid tests in the summer of 2020 before our colonoscopies, this is the first time one of us had to take one because of illness.

She is doing well and excited to go to Church today and back to the library tomorrow.

Despite being sick, she and I had to leave the building due to a fire alarm mid-day on Thursday.  For us that means down 6 flights of stairs and outside.  The alarm turned off when we hit about the third floor, but there is no way to access the door to another floor except going all the way down and outside and around to the front of the building.  We were the only people who left the building due to the alarm.  Not sure where everyone else was.  When we entered the building to go back to our apartment, an employee was mopping the floor.  I asked him why he didn't leave and he said, oh they told me they were having a practice check of the alarm so I just ignored it.

Apartment living!

Meanwhile, Gary was running from sun up to sun down and beyond managing the many things that 80+ missionaries need each day as they are serving in the Church History Library.  I don't know how the library managed without Gary to handle so many computer issues and training issues ABOUT computers.  He is the man with all of the right talents for sure.  Everyday, I loved listening to him update me on his crazy day of non-stop concerns and problems. Over the years, it has been Gary listening to my non-stop craziness of days so it is nice to return the favor now!

Having your spouse as your misisonary companion is pretty GREAT!

No comments: