Sunday, February 10, 2019

National Puzzle Day

January 29 is National Puzzle Day  (who thinks of these things?) and someone from work made these cute treats for all of us.  Inside was a yummy chocolate chip cookie which are my favorite.  (Notice the cute little clothespin with a puzzle piece on it.) She also brought a 500 piece puzzle into our lunch room and people could work on it when they needed a break.  We got it done in about 3 days, although I didn't do one piece of it.

The point of sharing is this:  Kristine thought about us as a staff and wanted to do something to break up the work day.  She spent her off work time gathering supplies, using her talents, and created a sweet (in more than one way) break for each of us.  She is not a member of the Church, but this is an example of ministering!  Maybe one that I could do myself next January 29.

Side notes:  This reminded me of the "Puzzle Party" we held one year in Hong Kong.  I think we had five other couples and the whole night revolved around puzzles.  We had pizza for dinner and then played a collection of games with puzzles, such as:
1.  Putting together wooden puzzles blindfold with directions from your spouse.
2.  Race to assemble 60 piece puzzles without the picture and changing puzzles reach time the alarm went off.
We had a third game but I can't remember what it was at the moment.  I shared it when Kristine and she is ready to set up her own puzzle party.

No comments: