Sunday, November 19, 2017

Happy Upcoming Thanksgiving Week

We will see if things all get pulled together for Thanksgiving day in time for dinner on Thursday at 12:30.  I haven't done this as a full-time working person, so I am a bit nervous.  But I remind myself that there are millions of American women who manage it without the support and resources that I have, so I think it will work.....the great thing about my family is that they are quite flexible about things.  As long as there is a turkey, dressing, and some pies, they don't really care if the napkins are folded in a fancy way or if we have three kinds of punch.  Fortunately, I wasn't all "Martha Stewart" as the kids were growing up and I was home full-time so expectations are low.

That said, I do like Thanksgiving.  I love the memories I have of past Thanksgivings, of ping pong tournaments, singing around the piano--not in the Hall house, but when I was a child in the Giberson house, family and friends.  I love thinking more deeply about my blessings, which are more numerous than the grains of sand  on the beach.

And I always love an excuse to have a good cherry pie!!!

Enjoy your week, my friends and family.  I will be counting all of you among my many blessings this year.

2 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

I don't think their expectations are "low", they are just what you said...to have turkey and pie and be with family and friends. Sounds pretty amazing to me!!! (Maybe I'm nervous because it is our turn to be in charge of the turkey and host a bigger crowd at our house this year.) I'm come to accept that fact that I'm not a "fancy" person and I think it comes from being raised that way. It wasn't about all the fluff, not that that is bad, it just wasn't what I was used to. Plain and simple doesn't mean bad and I'm coming to embrace that a lot these days.

Judy said...

Welcome to the dark side!!!