Sunday, January 29, 2017

200,000 and counting..



We have been on odometer watch for the past few weeks as our Envoy has been approaching this historical mark.  Thursday night as I was heading home from Salt Lake from my internship and then Family History night with my dad, I pulled in the garage at 199996 at 10:00 p.m., so, of course, I grabbed Gary and we headed out to get gas and then drove around until we could enjoy the moment together (how sappy is that?).  It hit the mark in front of our friend, Brooke Bone's home around the corner and down the street from us.  This is our first car to actually make it to 200000 (at least while we still owned it). Our previous cars died somewhere between 160,000 and 175,000 and were donated to the American Lung Association. This has been a great car and we have had very little problems with it.  I tribute that to Gary who keeps on top of the maintenance and other details.

And since that mark on Thursday night, we have added 294 miles.

We took Jena skiing at Snowbasin with her instructor, Terrie. 



After which, we "beelined" it for the 4:00 show at the Hale Theatre---"The Nerd"  (had some funny parts but not my favorite play.)

On Saturday the Envoy had a bit of a break while Gary and Jena headed to bowling while I worked on homework and cleaned the refrigerator.

And since Saturday was Chinese New Year, we headed to Provo, got some Chinese food for dinner and shared a meal with Ben.


Gary didn't want to cooperate for a picture--
always one in the family :)
 Here was my fortune cookie-

When I sent it to Tosha she wrote back-- "I always thought those fortune cookies were bologna but I guess they're more accurate than I expected. Haha".  Yes indeed since I will be enjoying a trip to Asia this year to "help" with cute Baby2 Russell.

Ben enjoyed the food and the visit.  He has started an "industrial" which means he has a small job on the unit taking care of the garbage.  He is now able to go out on the grounds with family and staff although the weather has been too snowy and wet to really do that yet.  Steps forward....

The view has we left Ben's building--- the reflection of the setting sun...

Then we drove from Provo to Centerville in order for Jena and I to usher at the Centerpoint Theatre and then all three of us stayed to see the play "You Can't Take It With You"--another play with funny parts but slightly overdone in some ways.  A nice message--center yourself and your life on things which bring happiness to you and to those you love.

Then today we added a little bit as we headed to Church and then this afternoon we took a drive to Kaysville and back to drop something off at my nephew's.....and that is how you get 294 miles on your car in three days without going anywhere.......

No comments: