Sunday, August 7, 2016

A productive week in some ways....

What do you do when you wake up at 3:30 a.m. and can't sleep?  That was me last Monday morning. It was a day that I had set aside for homework and sleeping well is an important part of the equation. My eyes don't allow me to read or do computer stuff that early in the morning.  That is a headache waiting to happen.  I tried my usual things--folding laundry, dusting quietly, back to bed, up again...finally I spent an hour cleaning my kitchen cabinets and drawers.  After breakfast and some morning jobs I headed back to bed for a 2 hour nap---then I did homework.  Although I am happy to have my kitchen drawers cleaned, I much prefer a whole night of sleep at once.  It took me a few days to feel normal again and not tired.

I was actually stopped at a stop light when I took this picture.  It was the huge puffy white cloud sitting on the mountain or so it seemed.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.


The cleaning project that was on the to-do list this week was cleaning the garage.  As usual, Gary asked if we were having a garage sale.  Silly man--he was probably hoping I wasn't going to put most of it back into the garage.

 It was a cooler day on Wednesday which made it great for working outside.
 Moving it all back in........




Then Friday we hung the mirror and picture I found for our redone bathroom and were able to get almost every thing else done as well.  Jena likes her new bathroom.....

 ....but we really need to find some towels which match the blues and greens we have in the room.

Here is the new picture we got for the bathroom.  I love the blues and greens in it and I love the flowers.  Apparently I really love flowers because after I hung this one, I started noticing all the flower pictures I have throughout my house--5-8 depending on how you count them.

Irises are really beautiful!

Saturday Jena and I made yellow play dough for our new calling.  Gary and I were released from our Scout callings and called with Jena to teach the Sunbeams.  Today is our first class.

That was our week in addition to the regular stuff of Family History (Gary), mission (Jena), Okinawa birthday fun (Austen and Tosha with Niki), hospital (Ben--doing a bit better), work and play (Scott and Chantel with Scarlett), and work and play (Jessica, Elessia and Liam), homework, school, UDSF (me).

1 comment:

The Neerings Family said...

What a fun new calling! I love my Sunbeam teachers!!!

Love Van Gogh "Irises"!