Sunday, August 28, 2016

And time marches on.....

Monday we got the awesome news that my stone was gone.  Sometime over the weekend, despite my doctor's bet that it wouldn't pass--it did.  Yay and a tender mercy for me.  All of sudden I had days to do things with and no worries about dealing with the post-operation stuff which was hard last time. My kidney was returning to normal and by the end of the week I am feeling fairly normal again.  I really needed that.

This is what no kidney stones looks like in a snapshot of the CAT scan.
The doctor also commented that "you have a really messed up back, but of course you probably know that." Not exactly-- I know I had a minor curve at the end of my back, but never heard the words "really messed up back".  Why would a doctor say that!!!

Jena and I made a stop on Tuesday and visit with sweet Scarlett which was so fun--but no pictures.

Then Thursday we were able to watch Liam for a few hours before I headed for meetings with UDSF.

Aunt Jena and Liam playing on the floor in his room
We went for a walk and look what was sitting on a fence down the street (They live in Magna, UT). It was one HUGE turkey. He didn't seem concerned about us but we didn't get close.  I didn't want him jumping down outside of his yard and chasing us.

Jena took this picture of Liam and I singing.  He loves to sing and is learning more actions to songs.

I had my first official meeting at The Children's Center.  I am very excited about that opportunity and everything that I will learn and be able to try out while I am there. My internship starts next Thursday with four days of formal training. (Thursday, Friday for interns; Tues Staff Retreat with entire staff, and one more day of internship training).What a great way to start with an agency.


You will be hearing a lot more about the Children's Center through the next nine months.  I actually worked in the Kearns office in the therapeutic pre-school as a teacher back before I went to graduate school the first time.  It is exciting to be back in a new role there.  It is a treatment center for children from birth to age 8 and their families.  They are actively involved in training and research which will allow me some great training opportunities over the next year.  I will normally be there Mondays, Tuesday and Thursday.

We had our first meeting with the support staff and doctor working with Ben at the State Hospital. It lasted about 30 minutes and was okay but it will still take some time to really know and trust them. They just don't provide information unless you ask for it which seems somewhat a problem, but we will see how it goes.  Ben is back to being mostly non verbal again which is difficult for us since we can't see him very often because of the distance and time involved.  It will be nice to see him later today, hopefully.

And I ended the week with a migraine which meant a quiet Saturday at our house and no planned yard work done.  Oh well--I suspect it will be there next week as well.

No comments: