Friday, October 16, 2015

Year Two of graduate school


There are times that I wonder why I am doing this, but in the heart of my hearts I know that it is the right thing for me at this point in our lives.  In some way, it will allow me in the future to interact with people at a time in their lives that will matter to them and to me.  Truly I have loved school so far.  It is only in the middle of the busyness that it gets a little crazy and I want to second guess my decision.

The week after the Buddy Walk, I started my new classes for the semester and also my internship with the Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS).  I work out of both the Ogden and Clearfield offices and I am connected with the post-adoption group.  Mostly I just go to meetings and talk to staff about their jobs.  It is all very interesting and like I told Gary, "I am not in Kansas anymore."  It is suppose to be about 14 hours a week.

We also still have two classes on Tuesday nights.  One of our professors gave us a Social Worker Survival Kit.  I haven't actually used any of it yet but my kids have.


Missing a few of the items!

It included: Tylenol-for the headaches you will get; marbles-for when you lose your own; paper and pen-for jotting down appointments; colon ball-to remember feelings are soft; rubber bands-to remember to be flexible in your thinking; button-to help button your lip from saying what you may really think; tea bag-so you will take some time out to relax; caffeine-to keep you away; starbursts-for the burst of energy when you really need it; nuts- for when you feel like you are going completely nuts; M&Ms-you won't earn much money-job satisfaction come from much more; quarter-listening with an open mind makes more "cents"; smiley face-to remember your impact fro good makes it all worth while.

So life is busy at a higher level again, but I am learning so much and it is always good to be doing something that you know is what Heavenly Father wants you to do....now if I only knew what for????

No comments: