Sunday, July 12, 2015

And off she went.....

Jena headed to Camp K down in Emigration Canyon above the Salt Lake City Hogle Zoo.  She loved it as usual.  She came back with a big smile and a suntan from all of the fun activities.  They loved her at camp too.  She sang a song from Frozen for their talent show.  Fun times.

Jena and Kaitlyn

Her councilor Gramps


Yes, it was a fun week.  I think she would be totally fine to stay another week if we would let her.

While she was gone, we set up our little "grandchildren" swimming pool since our bigger swimming pool died last year.  Scarlett approved.

Ben came out and had some fun with us too while we played on the swing.  Scarlett loves to be outside.  And while she likes swimming, it seems like her favorite is the sand--a lot like Scott when he was a kid.


I spent the week while Jena was gone trying to do lots of school and UDSF stuff.  I feel bad when I am on the computer all day during the summer trying to take care of things so I made a big push to get things done.

I also had to go to Orem to pick up something for UDSF so I combined it with a visit to my friend, Eileen Bradford who was in town for the summer.  Friends are so awesome.  We met Eileen when we moved to Hong Kong in 1987--that is a long time.  No pictures though.  I need to be better about getting pictures of friends to include on the blog.

Another special treat for this week:  My first time to babysit Liam while Jessica and Elessia went to a movie and dinner.  It was so fun (actually he slept almost the entire time so I just held him and then did get to give him a bottle at the very end.)  It was on Friday night so Jena got to help out. I look forward to many more times to be with that cute boy.



Ben has been working out in his garden and ours.  It is just a big help to have him water and look after things.  Although I think I would love gardening, it is often way low on the priority list.  Ben picked me this jar of raspberries. Yummy!!!
Half-eaten!
For those of you who keep track on these things---I also turned 60 during the week while Jena was gone.  Somehow I think it deserves its own post......


No comments: