Sunday, July 19, 2015

a "Full" week

We started off the week with an evening at the Hale Theatre to see "The Little Mermaid".  It was enjoyable although not one of my overall favorites that we have seen there.  However the actor who played Sebastian was amazing.  I thought that character might be very difficult to do on a live stage but he was perfect.  His voice, body movements, and attitudes were great every time he was on stage.


On Tuesday in additional to our usual activities of school (me), Institute (Jena), and dinner and bowling with Allan (Gary), we headed down to the Church History Museum in Salt Lake.  Jena had an interview there as part of her Church Service Mission application. She turns 19 in the fall and she wants to serve her mission then.  She is applying for about 16 hours a week for 18 months.  This is one possible place she could serve so they wanted to meet her and decide if it would be a good fit or not.  It is under construction which is why they had this cute sign in front.  It will hope on Sept. 30th.


 
 We got there a bit early so we walked around the grounds a bit before we went in.  Here is Gary and Jena at the old Pioneer home right by the museum.



I do not think I would have wanted to live with my five kids in just a small house.

Her interview went fine.  She is meeting with our Bishop today to start her formal application and then we meet with a couple who is in charge of the young Church Service missionaries in our area.  Using the information from the Church Museum interview, they will help develop her serving location which could be the museum or somewhere else.  Then it is submitted to Salt Lake for a approval.  Then she will get her formal call in the mail.  She also has to meet with our Stake President in the middle of that.  We are getting pictures taken for her application (because I didn't think of that when we did our family pictures) in a couple of weeks at a nearby park.  I am hoping that everything is set by the time of her birthday in late September.  She is excited.

Don't know how to turn this picture
once it is here.
Jena left on Wednesday for her last Girls Camp as a youth.  She and Meggan were the youth leaders in the "ShipRock" tent.  The overall camp theme was "Embark" so they were a cruise line and everyone had a name with "Ship" on it.  I am not sure how Meggan and Jena came up with ShipRock.  I explained to them that there was a city called Shiprock in New Mexico.  I actually have a picture of the large rock that came the town its name.  They didn't want that on their sign.

She got home on Saturday filled with memories and details of her fun week.  She also came home with a beautiful French braid in her hair.  She rarely allows the girls to mess with her hair but this year she allowed Saige Francis to do it and it was darling.

While she was gone, it seemed like we were going hundred miles an hour trying to get stuff done while she was gone.  Gary did steal me away from my homework to go see a movie---something that we haven't done for over a year, at least, maybe longer for just the two of us.  We saw "InsideOut" which was cute and had some funny lines in it.

I watched Scarlett on Wednesday---

Scarlett and Jasper petting each other
Jessica sent me this darling picture of Liam as they were getting ready to go see the "Minions".  His Minion hat was made by Aunt Linda (Giberson).  How cute is that.

So I had Jessica update my screen saver for my phone with pictures of all three of our grandchildren.  I love all of these pictures.  The kids complained about the one I chose for Niki because of the sunglasses but I think it so cute, but I know what he looks like.
 For those of you who don't, here is Niki now with his messy face.
I got to FaceTime with them briefly this week.  Niki is an expert crawler and likes to walk pushing boxes around.  They finally got their own furniture and other household stuff so it feels more like they are really living there now.

Only three more weeks of this semester--I finished my 2nd of 3 tests while Jena was gone and tried to complete as much homework as possible before our trip next week to the Giberson Family Reunion.  Preparations are ongoing for the reunion which is going to be held in New Mexico.  We tried to select somewhere that is equal distance from all of us (factoring out Kristen and her husband on the East Coast and Tosha and Austen in Japan.) so we are going to a camp ground in northeast New Mexico near Angel Fire.  Hopefully it is as nice as it looks on the internet.  The people have been great to answer questions, etc. so I think it will be good.

and that leads us to Saturday.........

No comments: