Monday, January 20, 2014

"Hi guys"

And so Jena's second Sacrament Meeting talk began....a big smile, looking into the large audience (we have a mission farewell that day), and "Hi guys."

If I had really put together that this talk was going to be the Sunday in-between her two weeks of performing and also the week prior to the end of the term, I might have encouraged her to choose a later date.  It was a busy time to fit in preparing for a talk.  But it was perfect and fit right into the meeting to which she was assigned.

She and I wrote her talk about "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". on Thursday prior to Sunday, Jan. 12. Then Saturday night, Gary, Jena and I went over to the Church to let her practice into the mic.  We showed her where to have the mic. so that people could hear her.  She read her talk perfectly and very clearly.  I wished that everyone could have been there to hear her.

And then on Sunday, she did it again--clearly and comfortably.  She was awesome.  It makes me still teary thinking about it.  The chapel was dead silence during it.  Someone told me that even the children knew that it was a special moment. She had one funny line and everyone laughed which is a great indication of how well she was understood.  Of course our ward has been so cute with her about it.  The sweetness of the Spirit was so evident in her words about the Church.

It is because we are lucky to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we know that our Heavenly Father loves us.

No comments: