Thursday, May 2, 2013

Another round of catch-up

Life has been so crazy that it has been awhile since I have written, so in the last week I have tried to get these posts and pictures put together and I am finally caught up.  Life is constantly in motion and it takes time to stop and record it.  However I do love having this blog for the history and memories it contains.  Too bad that I didn't do it for the whole of my life.  I have had some many great adventures and opportunities.  It has been and is a great life!

If you really want to read on the nitty-grity of the past month, head back to "Highland High School and then on to Texas" and read from there.  There are 13 posts.  Good luck.

One other thing that has occurred in the past couple of weeks is that the president of the UDSF has resigned as he took a new job in Seattle and is already there working.  That has left us without a president and not a clear person to take the position.  So currently I am acting as the interim president as we look at the overall structure of the foundation and how best to organize it for the future.  Not really in my plans as I really wanted to focus on other things at the moment and then work on the conference for next year, but life is ever changing (I think I have mentioned that.) and we sometimes just do what we can do.

My list of things is: work in the back yard to finish several projects including making a dog path along the back of the yard, adding some more garden boxes and plant them with vegetables; clean out our storage room and pantry and reorganize to get my 3 month supply of food completed; and third repaint Jena's room.  Those are my May goals.  However I am stuck indoors today as my allergies have been terrible the past few days.  Gary "grounded me" to the house today, so no yard work.  We will see how my list progress.

My dad and I are making some progress in family history to get some names prepared for Jena to take to youth conference where they will do baptisms for the dead in Manti.  They are going in June.  I enjoy our monthly day we work together on it.  This past Monday we went to the nearby family history library to get some hints on problems we had been having with the new family tree.  That helps us and I can see that "Family Tree" will be great when it is completely up and running (and I have a hundred years to add pictures and life histories for my ancestors).

Ben was released from the CRU on April 19 and has been living in his studio apartment since then on his own.  He is doing better each day which is great to see.  Unfortunately he had to go back on clozaril which has a number of problems for him but it does stabilize the paranoia.  We are hoping that he can manage the side effects okay this time.  He (and we) is hoping that he can get back into DBH housing with a roommate.  No luck yet, but we are hopeful something will work out.  That will help him and expand his life, I think.

No comments: