Friday, July 13, 2012

Games, Games and More Games

If you know me, you know that Gary and I like games.  Well that is a trait shared by most if not all of my siblings, their spouses, and children.  Our parents, especially my dad, were game players so it came very natural to us.  My mom said that she thinks I was 14 or so before I realized that other people didn't play war board games (think "Midway" and "Battle of the Bulge") with their dad until after mid-night on Friday nights.  So when Gibersons get together, game playing will result whether you plan it in or not.

This reunion we devoted five hours at a nearby Church for games of all kinds.  Some of the grandkids got a chance to play a game with Grandpa (I don't remember the name).  The rest of us tried a few different games.

                                                   Volleyball is a big favorite in our family.
  
Max nd Sophee had to pass on the pizza for lunch
 so they are waiting for their baby food.
 The official game playing was set up on the stage.  That way people could come and go from the volleyball game.

Our newest favorite game--Telestrations.  (We loved it so much that Gary ordered it for my birthday last week.  We are hoping to play it with our friends for the first time tomorrow night.  And I have already adapted it and used it for senior Primary sharing time last week in talking about Be kind by doing and saying nice things.)
There was lots of picture taking by cameras and phones.....
My niece, Kara, her husband Tommy and their daughter Morgan

My sister-in-law Sandy showing a picture to our assorted nieces and nephew
 Our last activity of the afternoon was a "Relay Race" my youngest brother had put together.  In order to progress forward, your team had to answer a question taken from my dad's autobiography which he wrote and gave us a couple of Christmas' ago.  We were lucky in our group because my niece Lisa had just reread it the weekend before in preparation for a lesson she was teaching in Young Womens.

And, of course, while we were cleaning up, another basketball competition broke out!

Saturday evening was hang out time and we talked, watched a Diamondback baseball game on TV, and played more games. Jena and I spent time playing with the babies which was fun for us.  It was probably the most contact Jena has had with babies and it was fun to watch her interact with them.

No comments: