Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gary's "HAPPY" birthday!


Mary Poppins – The Musical
Gary started his day with mom running some errands and then we met for a late breakfast then split up again to finish up errrands before getting Jena from school ealier.

As part of Celebration for Gary's birthday (Jena's and his mom's birthdays, too), we took Jena and his mom to see the matinee performance  of the Braodway performance of "Mary Poppins".  It was fabalous.  We had a very fun time.  It was at the Capital Theater in Salt Lake.  Of course, I expected we would see Mary Poppins fly through the air (although Jena was amazed by it), then there was kite flying, Mary poppins popping different places, her carpet bag just like the show where she pulled a coatrack and a plant out of her bagge along with other items, and the amazing scene where Mary Poppins with a "spoon full of sugar" fixes up a kitchen that had been broken.  A young girl behind us said "She's magic"  It was so sweet.  The costumes and scenery and voice was all excellent.  We would certainly encourage all of you to see it if you like the movie if it come to a place near your.

We headed quickly out and decided to change our evening plans since the BYU football game was tonight.  So instead of a nice Chinese meal in Salt Lake we hurried back to Gary's mom's home, picking up a take and bake pizza along the way (I know yes, we are still fans--forgive and forget, move forward....)  It got a little scarier in the first half, but we pulled it out at the end.  It was not all pretty but there was some fun plays including the run back on the kick-off to score...the first in over 13 years ago or something like that.  Yeah, a Win.

I am so glad to celebrate your birthday with you, Gary----
because:
You are my best friend,
my biggiest cheerleader
the labor for my wild ideas
the laundry folder when I am busy
the dog-feeder
the hard worker
my best travel co-adventurer.....
not caring where but just to be with me;
my computer programmer,
the provider, presider and protector-
even from the mud splatters from cars;
my handman,
yard "boy",
my Sunday walk companion ...
forever!

Happy Birthday, sweetie....

3333333333333333

No comments: