Sunday, September 25, 2011

For a day like yesterday....

I love living in Utah.....Our ward had their day of service on Saturday.  It was decided that we would help our neighbors with projects that were difficult to do alone.  Now our ward boundaries are basically one block by six blocks or so.  That meant when you drove around our neighborhood between 8 to noon on Saturday you saw groups of families working together to do yard work, clean out sheds, paint front doors and fences, etc.  One group of families cleaned out our roundabout flower area.  It felt good to be a part of something bigger as we helped one of the single sisters in our neighborhood tackle some fall yard projects.

Another reason I love Utah yesterday was the opportunity that I had to go with some friends and attend the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center.  It was great of course, but it was also an experience to be in a room with mostly women (over 20,000) to hear Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on "Forget Me Nots".  Along with his amazing message, I will remember the responses of the audience as he spoke.  If you haven't heard it yet, head over to lds.org and listen to it.  Click below to be directed to the correct spot to read or listen to his talk.


I have a feeling that there will be a run on "Forget Me Nots" in nurseries around the world.

I have loved everywhere I have lived.  Each place with their own uniqueness and richness......I am sure it is wonderful to live in one spot your entire life but I am grateful for each of the spots I have lived because of the impact they have had in who I am as a person.

Hope you enjoyed where you lived this weekend.

No comments: